Making an illustrated map is simply the best fun. It can be personalised according to your own memories and is so absorbing. I like nothing better than to snip out tiny images with tiny scissors and stick them down with a glue stick.
- A sheet (A4) of tan paper, but you can of course soak a sheet in strong tea and allow it to dry
- A fude 55-degree pen (but any will do perfectly)
- Green watercolour (I used Green Apatite Genuine) and white gouache
- White gel pen
- Brown ink (any will do)
- Tiny nail scissors, straight point
- Glue stick
- Blade (have that cutting mat at the ready)
Give it as a gift to someone you visited the city with or put it on your own wall.