Learn to draw and paint Irish wildlife in pencil and watercolour.
Barn owls, pine martens, shrimps and whales – learn about our native wildlife as you draw and paint.
Saturdays 4.30pm-6.00pm, €7 per child per class – live over Zoom and recorded for your convenience.
- Begins September 24th for eight weeks. Drop in or pay as you go.Ends November 12th.
- Children need a set of watercolour paints, paintbrushes, watercolour sketchbook, pencil and rubber.
- I recommend the Van Gogh 12+3 set of watercolours by Royal Talens (get that one, not the 12 set) which can be bought very reasonably from Amazon.
- Faber Castell pencil in 2B is a good choice.
- Make sure to have a rubber and sharpener.
- A wtaercolour brush is essential: the Create pack of five with the transparent or navy blue handle is ideal. Again, very reasonably priced.
- A jam jar for water is better than a plastic cup as it’s less likely to tip over.
- A watercolour sketchbook is essential. 200g – 300g in weight. I like AMI, Aquapad by Clairefontaine and others. Get A5 size. Cork Art Supplies has this – and all of the above. Please mention my name if you are purchasing there as they are very good to me!
€1 of every class goes directly to the Barn Owl Project Ireland.
The 8-week course starts on September 24th and runs each Saturday until November 12th.